cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to create a tiff for T.37 off-ramp fax gateway

vstanescu
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured the T.37 on-ramp and off-ramp facilities on a AS5300. The on-ramp fax server works well (answers with fax tone, receives the fax and sends it as a tiff attached to an e-mail). The off-ramp works for plain text messages, but every kind of tiff file i tried to create was rejected with the following error: 0TIFF Writer: tiff_writer_engine called with a NULL context pointer. Can somebody please recommend me one program that can save tiff files wich are accepted by the tiff engine of the Cisco IOS? I have even managed to create a tiff file for which tiffinfo shows the same parameters:

TIFF Directory at offset 0x54cbe

Subfile Type: multi-page document (2 = 0x2)

Image Width: 1728 Image Length: 2156

Resolution: 204, 196 pixels/inch

Bits/Sample: 1

Compression Scheme: CCITT Group 3

Photometric Interpretation: min-is-white

FillOrder: msb-to-lsb

Date & Time: "2002:09:12 13:35:42"

Software: "GNU Ghostscript 6.52"

Orientation: row 0 top, col 0 lhs

Samples/Pixel: 1

Rows/Strip: 2156

Planar Configuration: single image plane

Page Number: 0-0

Group 3 Options: 2-d encoding+EOL padding (5 = 0x5)

and still the router failed to understand the attachement.

6 Replies 6

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

I guess it shouldn't be software specific. Any TIFF file should go.

The problem is that any kind of tiff that i created (with any software for both unix and windows that i found) was rejected with the error i mentioned.

slehmann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Try it with print2image. We tested it with a 26** Router and 12.2(8)T, and it has worked.

Regards

Can you please provide me a link for this software? I fail to find anything relevant on the internet about it.

I've read your conversation.... You could try to use programs prodused by metasoft company ( www.meta-soft.com ).

Have you been provided with the link above mentioned? If yes, please send it for me.

Another tool is imagemaker (www.imgmaker.com). They have a nice suite of conversion tools that we've used quite a bit. The TIFF-F spec is pretty limited, so many products that can save as TIFF format can't do type F. For basic playing around, you could also use ghostview.