cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to deal with faxes at a 6608 T1 blade

nuditarian
Level 1
Level 1

I'm investigating handling of faxes through our 6608 T1 blade. Currently we have a PRI to it, CallManager uses 6608 as PSTN gateway, Unity is the voice mail server. I've seen the setup for T.37 store and forward to a Unity server, but as far as I can tell the PRI would have to terminate in my 3660, which is not going to happen. Any way to do store and forward, or equivalent, on the 6608, or a way to dump a fax call off from the 6608 T1 to the 3660? The desired effect is basic inward fax processing without purchasing a full fledged Fax server. The Cat6000 chassis also has a 24 port FXS blade, which I know I can simply hang fax machines off, but I'm looking for the fax to email functionality.

3 Replies 3

m.singer
Level 4
Level 4

I guess, using SIP will be more convenient for fax to email functionality.

The following link should give you, some insight on the T.37 store and forward fax configuration.

Configuring T.37 Store and Forward Fax

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00800b5dcf.html

HTH

mdaswani
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this solution working? I'm facing the same issue with all my DIDs spread out over multiple T1s on the 6608 and I need to store and forward fax on a AS5350. Any help is appreciated.

Manish

gordon.hawkins
Level 2
Level 2

The 6608 is an MGCP non-IOS device.. so T.37 forward and store won't work on it. You'd need a fax server or something like that...

I think you need to have the PRI terminating in an IOS device to get T.37 fax over IP to work..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: