Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to enable PIN authentication to make outgoing call , without login?

Hi experties,

In my organization, there are 2 type of user defined by management, which is user uses Extention Mobility(Login/Logout) at any IP Phone and the other side is users uses share ip phone as common number. each user have their own login profile, but how can i enable the sharing user do not have to login but they can uses their PIN to make outgoing call without login to ip phone. This features we normally found in analog phone where each user have personal PIN for outgoing call. for your infomation we're using CCM4.1(3)sr3c and IPPhone 7940 and 7960..Thanks in advance..

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: How to enable PIN authentication to make outgoing call , wit

It sounds like you want to use Forced Authorization Code. On the route pattern out check 'Require Forced Authorization Code' and set a level. Callers using the route pattern will now be prompted to enter their code with 3 beeps. Go under Feature-Forced Authorization Code and create some codes. If the codes are the same or higher level as what is assigned to the route pattern the call will go out.

Don

One thing to note with FACs is that you can program the code into the phone, or with Call forward to a number that may match a route pattern that requires a forced authorization code. So if you make your long distance route patterns require a FAC, then callforward all to a long distance number wont work, unless you make a work around for special users (put a separate CSS, partition, route pattern without any FAC).

Ok, thanks u so much for helping n idea about this, i will work around to categorized this is speacial user and enable FACs.

do u have an idea how to enable auto logout for some IP Phone /User profile within 2 minute idle time? Currently i've implemented autologout for Extention Mobility, but it take effect for whole user at night..

Thanks in advance...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content