Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

how to enable ring on the second line when one line is bussy

i have couple of 2 line phones setup with a shared line , on phone if user is talking on one line and there is a incoming call on the other line but , it wont give a ring sound but ,it just pops on the screen, how to make ring enabled if someone calls on the other line, when other line is bussy

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: how to enable ring on the second line when one line is bussy

You cannot do this, however the person on the phone should hear the call waiting beep.

Thanks

From what I understand, 3.3 has this function where you can set this on a per line basis.

3.2 and older do not have this function.

As for the second line ringing on a shared line, I have never actually saw this happen.

I have a department that has 3 secretaries that answer phones for each other and they all have 2nd lines. So 6 Lines apiece. The lines do ring on the second line when Secretary 1 is on line 2. Just make sure that the line is not set to "no ring".

Lately I have seen where the line doesn't ring at all on a shared line. It just stops working. To fix it, just reset, not restart the phone from the CallManager page.

What version of CM are you using.

Gold

This isn't really possible with a single shared line under current versions of CallManager. Common practice would be to use a sequential call-forward-busy hunt of two shared lines between two phones. This gives you the desired effect, but does eat up two or more line appearances on each phone.

Views
Helpful
Replies