Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to find out if the "Services" page is shown on the phone?

Hello! I have a application that pushes a page(which is actually a picture) to the user's Cisco phone, at certain time, I'll need to remove that page from the screen. To push a "Key:Services" works, but only when the page is currently displayed. If the page is pushed back, or if the page has already been removed (by user select a "Clear" soft button), then pushing "Key:Services" from server will cause strange and inconsistent behavior. Bascially I'll need to know if the "Services" page is shown on the phone screen, probably by visiting the phone's web server somewhere(just don't know where).

I managed to get around a problem like this a while back but not that lucky this time... Any ideas? Thank you very much for your help!

8 REPLIES

Re: How to find out if the "Services" page is shown on the phone

I don't know the url by heard but there's an url on the phone that will return the current contents of the phone's screen.. the url has come up in the forum a couple months ago so a search will yield it.

Thanks stephan!! I found this URL http://phone_ip/CGI/Screenshot, it returns a BMP screenshot of the phone, which is pretty cool, but I doubt it works for me since (1)the downloading is very slow (2)I can hardly imagine my code doing image comparison!

That's not what I meant.. there's another url that allows you to get the XML object of what's currently on screen.. so you don't need any image recognition to figure out what's on screen.

Hi stephan, for some reason that /CGI/ModelInfo url does not for me, it returns , I wonder if anyone has successfully grab info from that URL?

Give /CGI/ModeInfo a go. Just tested here and that gives the current screen object.

I'm actually having the same problem myself.. it may be load (I have 8.0.3 everywhere but on the 7960s) related, or maybe another clusterwide reboot has become necessary. Once before I had to reboot everything when phones kept throwing error 6 at me for every push attempt.

Yes, /CGI/ModeInfo works! Thanks a lot!

Views
Helpful
Replies