Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to have message delivered to more than one mailbox

I need to find out how to have a message delivered to multiple mailboxes automatically. If a call comes into a phone and a message is left how can I make that message appear in multiple mailboxes?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: How to have message delivered to more than one mailbox

Use public distribution lists for this... you can set up a call handler to have a message recipient that's either a single subscriber or a public DL that has many subscribers.

This is covered in the Admin guide here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/sag/sag313/index.htm

See the "call handler settings" section.

If I do that will the message light stay lite on the individual phones until the individual person checks their message? This is what I would like to happen.

It has been mentioned to me that there might be some kind of copy command???

Cisco Employee

Yes, each user's MWI will go on just as if they got an individual message (as far as Unity is concerned there's no difference here). Each user will get a copy of the message (more to the point a POINTER to a copy of the message but that's behind the scenes in Exchange) and they will have to all check their messages to turn their lights off.

I don't know what you mean by a "copy command" here.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content