cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to identify inbound location on a centralized Attendant Console?

rdassow
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to find a way to be able to identify for our centralized receptionists the location of the inbound calls.

We have 16 sites set up with Cisco routers as h323 gateways each pointing all incoming calls to the main phone line to a separate AC pilot point in CCM 4.13sr3b. Is it possible to have the dialpeer put some sort of description tag that the receptionists can see on attendant console when the call comes in that says where/which site this phone call is coming in from? Or display the queue it is coming in on?

Any ideas on this would be appreciated. I'm trying to avoid going down the IPCC path to provide this functionality since Cisco won't support IPCC and attendant console running simultaneously.

Bottom line is we have a multi site CM deployment where all inbound calls going to a central group of folks running attendant console and we need to be able to discern which pilot point or voice gateway the call is coming in on.

I appreciate any thoughts on this!!

Ryan

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One way to do this if you don't care about the caller ID of the calling party, would be to tranform the calling number to DN of the Pilot DN by using Translation Patterns. Basically the GW's CSS would not have access to the AC Pilot, but to a TP that transforms the calling party and redirects to the AC Pilot.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Thanks for this tip. Unfortunately retaining the caller ID will be a requirement because once the call is transferred to the final receiver of the call their caller-id would be screwed up.

What about modifying the calling name somehow? Can we assign a calling name??

Ryan

No, I don't belive there is.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: