cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to limit incoming call on B-ACD CME?

iwanc
Level 1
Level 1

I have configure B-ACD on CME 4 and its working. But I have a problem with incoming call from outside (PSTN). I set queue-len for 30 queue. But on busy hour, some call hear only ring tone. No greeting tone or busy tone. When I check call session, its only 10 or 15 session.

How to limit incoming call, let say, for 10 calls only? The 11th call will receive busy tone.

Here are my config:

application

service queue flash:app-b-acd-2.1.2.2.tcl

param queue-len 30

param queue-manager-debugs 1

param number-of-hunt-grps 1

param aa-hunt2 0

!

service aa flash:app-b-acd-aa-2.1.2.2.tcl

paramspace english index 1

param number-of-hunt-grps 1

param handoff-string aa

param dial-by-extension-option 1

paramspace english language en

param max-time-vm-retry 1

param max-extension-length 7

param aa-pilot 2999

paramspace english location flash:

param second-greeting-time 30

param welcome-prompt _bacd_welcome.au

param call-retry-timer 15

param max-time-call-retry 60

param voice-mail 0

param service-name queue

!

FYI: I have no voice mail. 'param voice-mail 0' is to send unanswered call to my operator.

Regards,

Iwan

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Iwan,

To restrict the number of calls to the application you need to configure only the appropriate number (10 in your example) of dial-peers to point to the AA Pilot number. Have a look;

Set Up Incoming Dial Peers for AA Pilot Numbers

In this task, you associate dial peers for incoming calls with the AA service that you want them to use.

Cisco Unified CME B-ACD is available for outside calls through voice ports and trunks, for which dial peers must be set up. When you set up a dial peer, you use the service command to associate it with the name of the Cisco Unified CME B-ACD AA service that you want callers to that dial peer to reach.

Note You must configure a dial peer for each incoming DID voice port.

To determine how many ports or trunks you must have for your Cisco Unified CME B-ACD service, consider the following:

Total number of phones across all ephone hunt groups

Total number of slots in the queues across all queues

Total number of PSTN ports feeding into the queues

The number of simultaneous calls that Cisco Unified CME B-ACD can handle is limited by the number of PSTN ports, but these ports may not always be in use. For example, you could have three queues with ten slots per queue, but configure only 10 ports instead of 30 because you do not expect the three queues to ever be full at one time.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00805f2305.html#wp1003323

Hope this helps!

Rob

Iwan,

You should be able to limit the amount of callers to the B-ACD by using the "max-conn" command on the dial-peer. In your previous example you had 2999 as your pilot number. You will have either a POTS or VOIP dial-peer that is associated to that pilot number and that has a service AA, try adding the max-con to that. I attached an example loopback BACD dial-peer.

dial-peer voice 2999 voip

service aa

destination-pattern 2999

session target ipv4:192.168.1.1

incoming called-number 2999

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

codec g711ulaw

max-conn 10

To tell you the truth, I've only used max-conn on POTS but I checked and verified it's a configurable option for VOIP too. So give it a try.

Also look at Rob's suggestions for B-ACD scaling as his post was very in-depth on that subject.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Hi Fred,

Im thinking of using 'max-conn' command on the dial-peer. But I still dont understand, why some call received only dial tone instead of auto attendant greeting?

I have 21 PSTN ports and set 'param queue-len 30'. My assumption, I can receive all calls (21 calls). If I use 'max-conn' command on the dial-peer, I am afraid this problem still exist.

Thanks.

Iwan

Hi Rob,

I already configure dial peer for incoming call

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

corlist outgoing VoIP

description DIAL-PEER PILOT AUTO ATTENDANT

service aa

destination-pattern 2999

session target ipv4:10.102.200.151

incoming called-number 2999

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

I have 21 PSTN ports (no DID) and set plar connection for incoming call from that port to 2999.

!

voice-port 2/1/1

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

input gain 10

output attenuation -3

cptone ID

timeouts call-disconnect 5

timeouts wait-release 5

timing hookflash-out 500

connection plar 2999

impedance complex1

description PSTN LINE TO HUB/CS 4526102

caller-id enable

!

Is this correct configuration for my requirement?

Thx

Iwan

Iwan,

Well that falls in line with what Rob was suggesting about sizing your B-ACD correctly. Please review his post as it has your answers there. My suggestion was simply based off the question you asked about restricting the amount of calls, which can be done with the max-con. If you set a limit of 10 then it will provide busy on the 11th caller. I believe the param-queue length specifically has to do more with the queue to your hunts and not the AA itself. To tell you the truth I've never scaled that AA more than a handful of callers and never hit threshold problems. Again check out Rob's post thoroughly.

Thanks

Fred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: