Views
Helpful
Replies

How to lock down phones?

jianxiang.xiao
Level 1
Level 1

One of my clients wants to do this:

They have numerous situations where the normal user of the phone requires international toll access however the phone is/can be used by another who does not require that level of access.

What they would like to look at is the ability to log off the phone. This would give 2 alternatives:

1 - the phone retains local call level access only

2 - the phone has no functionality

Until the user logs into the phone again with their pin number.

We tried with Extension Mobility, it works fine with the same DN in different partitions untill Voce mail comes into the picture. What happens is the VM lamp doesn't behave the normal way.

Can any one offer help?

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

What about FAC (Feature access code) I think this what you need.

"When you enable FAC through route patterns in Cisco CallManager Administration, users must enter an authorization code to reach the intended recipient of the call. When a user dials a number that is routed through a FAC-enabled route pattern, the system plays a tone that prompts for the authorization code"

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_3/ccmfeat/fsfaccmc.htm#wp1052254

HTH

//G

r

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks for your thoughts. But the customer doesn't want FAC, or CMC, or Time of Day Routing

oadelani
Level 1
Level 1

What VMail are you using? Unity?

If yes, all you need to do is to put your Voice mail pilot point, MWI DNs (ON and OFF) and Voice ports in a partitition/CSS that can reach all the partitions for the other DNs. That way, you should not any issue with MWI lamps. (Voice mail related DNs need not be in exactly the same partition/CSS as user DNs).

I hope this solves your problem?

Femi