Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to make 2 different PLAR connection for ATA 186

Is it possible to make 2 different PLAR connection for ATA ? I mean Phone 1 will be PLAR to number 1 and Phone 2 will be PLAR to number 2.

Or can we manipulate the called number of VoIP call based on the calling number at the voice gateway ?

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: How to make 2 different PLAR connection for ATA 186

You cannot plar on the ATA.

when an ATA makes a call to the gateway, you can translate the called number. If you want to match a calling number and decide what number to change, you can make an inbound dial peer that matches the CALLING number by using the answer address under the inbound voip dial peer. Then you can create a translation rule to change the called number.

Hope that helps.

Yes, I've already did that. The problem is, I've seen that the VoIP call already being matched to the inbound voip dial peer, but all the translation rule that can be applied on the inbound voip dial peer is for outgoing call (translate-outgoing called command). The only command I can find that will translate an inbound voip call is voip-incoming translation-rule command. But this command can only be applied at the global config, so both call from both phone will be translated to the same number.

What kind of other translation rule can be applied ?

Thanks

Silver

You will need to use the enhanced translation rules introduced by 12.2.11T. They start with voice-translation rule and can be applied in bound or outbound on the dial peer for calling or called number.Look at this for more info :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a00800b5dbf.html#1053215

Views
Helpful
Replies