Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Address Book where all can see it?

There is My Address Book which is "Personal Address Book", how can we add an address book that would be public for all the users and staff?so we can add all the numbers of all our customers and partners ?

Thanks

Fady

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to make Address Book where all can see it?

What I have done is create a "special" user and assign it to a dummy device. Then create the PAB for that user, example username = SharedAddBK. After that create a Phone Service, equal to the PAB setup, but the username and PIN already filled in and call it something like Shared Address Book. After that all you have to do is have users subscribe to that service. Only draw back at this time is currently anyone who subscribes to that service and EDIT entries from their phones. Have not checked yet on if it's possible to disable that, but it has not caused a problem at the locations I'm using this in. What I've also done is installed the Address Book Synchronizer on someones PC and given them the username and password info so they can use the Windows Address Book to create the Shared Book, when their is a large number of entries.

6 REPLIES

You can add all that information to the Directory on the Call Manager then every one shoudl eb able to see that

you mean to add them to the Corporate Directory?

because that way, it would be mixed: our directory with the business or partners directory..

I would like to have it on the services exactly as my Personal Address Book, but I want it to be public so all staff can see it.

i'm also looking for a seperate directory of adressbook together with our corporate directory. Is there some standard solution for this or can this be done with an xml application?

hey, yeah they told me it can be done using xml application, I am trying to edit the "My Address Book" service application, but the problem is, how to make it "Public" for all people to see.. thats the question..

hope someone did it before and can help us.

Cheers

What I have done is create a "special" user and assign it to a dummy device. Then create the PAB for that user, example username = SharedAddBK. After that create a Phone Service, equal to the PAB setup, but the username and PIN already filled in and call it something like Shared Address Book. After that all you have to do is have users subscribe to that service. Only draw back at this time is currently anyone who subscribes to that service and EDIT entries from their phones. Have not checked yet on if it's possible to disable that, but it has not caused a problem at the locations I'm using this in. What I've also done is installed the Address Book Synchronizer on someones PC and given them the username and password info so they can use the Windows Address Book to create the Shared Book, when their is a large number of entries.

Hello,

I tried it with the 'special' user and 'dummy' device and it works great..it think its a little bit a work around but hey.. who cares :)

thanks for helping me out!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content