cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to make audio stream go direct instead of going through h323 proxy

jxshen
Level 1
Level 1

we're currently using cisco gatekeeper + h323 proxy to run PC to Phone business. we want our dialer users to register with gatekeeper and make call throuhg h323 proxy (gatekeeper routed call mode). but we don't want the audio stream to go through h323 proxy (means, we want audio stream to go direct between dialer and termiantion voice gateway instead of go through h323 proxy). I want to know whether cisco gatekeeper + h323 proxy can fulfill such requirement. if can, how to config. if can't, any other walk around can be used to solve this problem. thanks

3 Replies 3

imt000040
Level 1
Level 1

You mean that H.332 phone registed with gatekeeper first.Then gatekeeper registed with callmanager as a

gatekeeper item .

I have been tested.We using H.323 open gatekeeper for

clients.The reslut is ....make a call to phone but ring once then disconnect .I think that may to set the paramenters of gateway(gatekeeper).

Basically,H.323 client of callmanager is not fully compatable with many H.323 client phone .

I'll try again, any news I'll tell you .\

Thanks

thanks for your reply.

actually we don't use callmanager. we only use gatekeeper to do authentication and call routing function. currently we can make call successfully, but we can't make audio stream (RTP packet) go direct between our dialer (our own h323 phone) and termination voice gateway. the RTP packets alway routed from our dialer through cisco h323 proxy to termination voice gateway.

If connection was successed.Voice packets (RTP/RTCP) will Tx/Rx.Only one problem can answer Codec may mismatch if off-hook.

Or your phone without DTMF (Maybe gateway only know the DTMP).You can verify hardware spec.

You also can find more information (H.323 Call procedure) on cisco's website.

Try to find problem.

Good luck .