Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to merge the directories of 2 CUCM connected via ICT ?

Hi out there,

We have two CUCM 6.1.2 on two different locations connected via an intercluster trunk.

A nice feature would be that side a can access the corporate directory of side b and vice versa.

Under CCM 4.1.3 it was possible by modifying the the directory file.

How can this be done under CUCM 6.1.2?

I already tried by copiing the content of xmldirectory.jsp from both CUCM into one file and let both access this modified file on a webserver but this doesn't work.

Either i get a parsing error or nothing happens.

Would be nice if somebody can help me.

Kind Regards

Christian

6 REPLIES

Re: How to merge the directories of 2 CUCM connected via ICT ?

How to do it depends on how you want it to look. You can offer the two directories as seperate options (i.e. Cluster A directory is option 4, Cluster B directory is option 5). That is actually the easier way to go. The other option is to combine the two, which would be more difficult.

If you want two seperate directories, I beleive it as easy as this:

Create an XML file (i.e "dual_directory.XML") and place it on an accessible web server.

In the XML file, put the following XML code:

Select a directory

Cluster 1 Directory

http://cluster1_Pub_IP:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectoryinput.jsp

Cluster 2 Directory

http://cluster2_Pub_IP:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectoryinput.jsp

Then go into the phone config from the CCM Admin page and point the Directories URL to the XML file you just created.

you need to build a middleware application to take this task.

you can either;

- collect all users from both cucm's via AXL (listUsers,getUser)and put the in a vector or so

- on every search query both cucm's via AXL (executeSQLQuery)

The former is what I built for a client in a Tomcat Servlet, and is very fast (12ms search result), but the downside is that new users won't show up till next day (not a big issue though)

Would you need to get into AXL/SQL territory or could you acomplish the same thing using ASP and LDAP?

you really have to get into AXL, well SOAP really.

you can probably use ASP for the phone facing pages, but you still need a backend to sync the users.

I have built it all in tomcat, so it's all Java built on the Spring Framework..it runs a Quartz scheduler to run the sync process..

Wow, the XML-File works!!!

Thank you very much.

But i have one last question.

Why is it completely in english?

If i use the default URL in the Enterprise parameters, the whole dialog is in german.

Where does the system decide to show me everything in english?

greetings

Christian

Views
Helpful
Replies