Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to pass the DTMF from FXS port to the FAX DID card on MGCP GW & VG248

Hi,

I integrate the Cisco IPT with the FAX server (DID analog card). I use the VIC-FXS/DID card to connect with the FAX DID card. So far it is good and the no. (dtmf) can pass through to the FAX card. I use H323 GW with Cisco CallManager

the config of the router is like this:

dial-peer voice 101 pots

destination-pattern 4..

port 0/0/1

forward-digits all

prefix ,

where I assume the DID no, is 4XX (i.e. 400 - 499). the the port 0/0/1 is the H323 VIC FXS port.

For the mgcp with CCM, how can I do the forward-digit all command ??

In addition, do someone know how to achieve this under VG248?? I do not find the similar function "forward-digits all on H323 GW" under the VG248

thanks for your help

Samuel

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: How to pass the DTMF from FXS port to the FAX DID card on MG

There is no specific configuration that you need to make in order for VG248 to send DTMF to Fax server. VG248 will receive DTMF from Callmanager via SCCP signaling and convert it into analog in-band DTMF towards Fax server. This can be fine-tuned by modifying the DTMF Tone Duration if you are having issues with the DTMF digits dialed by the PSTN not being recognized by the Fax Server:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_access/apg/vg248/v1_2/sw_confg/vg248swv.htm#xtocid14

Silver

That is for the vg248 to receive the dtmf tones from the attached analog device. There is no way to make it forward digits towards the analog device, you have to use an analog fxs port using H323 (not supported in mgcp), and the 'forward digits all' command under the pots peers.

Mary Beth

Silver

One other thing, if this is a Brooktrout card, they have two options for this - one with 4 regular analog ports, which is what you need for this. If you have what they call a 'combo' card, then they really do expect the DID protocol on the two DID ports, these are designed to be connected to a CO analog DID line - which is the same thing a Cisco analog DID port would connect to, and the Cisco port can't emulate the CO side - this will not work.

Mary Beth

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content