Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

How to Play a ringtone via Execute object

Can anyone help me how can i play a ringtone or some other audio file while i am pushing some message to the IP Phone which will act as an alarm.

I have tried the Softkey URI Play:<filename> as described in the Cisco IP Phone Service development document downloaded from cisco site. This URI is supposed to play a audio file from the TFTP path. But it doesnot play for me and says Host not found when i try to press the Play Softkey created.

How can i send an audio file to the IP Phone while sending the message via CiscoIPPhoneExecute item.

Please help me out

Thanks

Shyamal

3 REPLIES

Re: How to Play a ringtone via Execute object

I am not sure about this as I haven't tried this but you can try to post this question to the hotdispatch.com as there has been a person asking the similar question

http://www.hotdispatch.com/cisco-ip-telephony/browse-tasks?CATEGORY=5000&POSTID=3260054356

By the way, could you tell me that how long is your message that pushed to the IP phone? Can I know which language that you are using for your application? I'm using ASP,HTML and Javascript, however I have difficulty while pushing in the message which is more than 50+ characters....do you ever encounter this kind of problem?

I am using perl script to do the job. I have not encountered any problem regarding the message length which is more than 90 characters generally.

Hot Dispatch is a paid service.

So i need help from amaetures.

Anyway thanks for the suggestion

Regards

Shyamal

how do you push a message out? Does it go to all 7960/40 phones? Do you need to do any kind of reset, or does it just appear on the screen? When does it go away? Id like to know more info

Thanks!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content