Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to play sound files? (Play URI)

Hello Everyone!

I try to play a sound using the Play URI but the sound i get 'Host not found' reply! We have CallManager Express 3.3 installed. I also red that when i instruct the phone using the play URI, it downloads the file from the tftp server. We have set as tftp ip, the ip of the router that CallManager Express is installed in. I have tryied the following ways:

1) Play://192.168.100.1/caramba.raw (it was trying to request and after a while asks for authentication!)

2) Play:caramba.raw (Host not found)

Could anyone tell me what's wrong and supply me with the correct steps to play sound through my phone?

Thanks for your help, regards!

KOSMAS

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES

Re: How to play sound files? (Play URI)

On CM express, I found that you need to install the ringer. (ringlist.xml)

On regular CM, you can could just drop the file in TFTP folder and do Play:FileName.

Thanks for your response!

But..

I have already installed ringlist.xml but this only give me the ability to define more ring tones than the 2 default ones! Play URI still don't work!

Have you tried the Play URI on system with CME? if so, did it work?

I have also tryied the following syntax with the Play URI :

Play://192.168.10.10/curley.raw (this is the ip of the router where CME is on)

With this syntax, i get as result a page (AuthenticationUrl Page) where i have to provide UserName and Password. I enter the correct ones and i get <>!

I have not a clue what is happening and why is this so difficult to use Play URI with CME??!!

Yes, I was able to get Play:FileName URI working on CME 3.2. I didn't use the IP address, just the file name.

You need to have the ringlist.xml in the router's flash, as well as the ringer files themselves.

Then you need to configure the router to serve up the files via TFTP, such as this example:

tftp-server flash:Ringlist.xml

tftp-server flash:AreYouThere.raw

tftp-server flash:AreYouThereF.raw

tftp-server flash:ClockShop.raw

tftp-server flash:Drums1.raw

tftp-server flash:Drums2.raw

I have already done this as well but i can't hear anything!

I'm thinking maybe the Play URI is not supported in all XML objects?? Do you know if that can be right?

I can't think any other reason no matter hard i try!

Thanks for your help anyway!

Views
Helpful
Replies