cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to prevent some phones from presenting caller ID on outgoing calls ?

mderriennic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have hundreds phones in many locations with some complex CSS/partition/location/Codec settings. For some of these phones, I don't want any number to be displayed on outgoing calls. I didn't managed to do that, neither with translation pattern or calling party transform mask.

My gateways are H323 VG200 with BRI or MGCP E1 in Cat6500. CCM version is 3.2(2c).

Thanks,

Marc

3 Replies 3

yeopaul
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure I can help you.

if you just want to mask some phone. then you can click the use calling party external phone mask at your route pattern. don't set it on the calling transformation mask. go to your phone setting, key in the transformation mask you want right at the bottom. for my case, i can only use the main line as my transformed number.

I'm afraid I don't understand : what do you write in your external phone number mask of the phone settings ?

my internal extension is using 3 digits, therefore i use the last 3 digits of my main line number. e.g. 66666123 is my main line, i set my external phone mask to 123.

i notice that if i set to any number other than the range given by the telco,( e.g. the telco gave me 66666100(main line) to 66666200, but i set it to 300 at the external phone mask), i will get the main line number. i.e. 66666100. it looks like if it is an invalid number, the caller id will reflect the main line number.

my customer accept it, but i am still trying to figure out the reason behind, may be someone in the forum can explain?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: