Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent the toll-by-pass calls on CallManager

Hi, my client is asking if Cisco CallManager 5.0 can perform such a checking:

1. All calls come from PSTN to the CCM cluster are not allowed to go out to PSTN calls again through another Voice Gateway. All calls from PSTN can only reach the IP Phones ONLY.

2. This rule also applies when the IP Phones are set "Call Forward All" to PSTN number. For example, when IP Phone A is called forward all to the mobile number 4083213111, when a PSTN call from VOice Gateway calls IP Phone A, the CCM still stops that PSTN calls to re-route the call back to 4083123111 number.

I know we can use incoming CSS to restrict the PSTN calls to hit the PSTN dial plan. However, I cannot figure out the method to stop the call re-routing under the Call Forward All scenario.

Please let me know if you have the idea to resolve this problem. Many thanx.

Cheers,

---

Ray

3 REPLIES

Re: How to prevent the toll-by-pass calls on CallManager

Hi

To prevent the incoming calls from the PSTN to go out via another voice gateway and also for the Call forward all to a PSTN number enable the "Allow Device Override" on the route pattern configured on the CCM. Calls using this route pattern can be classified as on-net or off-net calls. This route pattern can be used to prevent toll fraud by prohibiting off-net to off-net call transfers.

This feature is controlled by Service Parameters within Cisco CallManager Administration. In the service parameter page search for the Call Classification and choose Offnet.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sanjith

Thanks for your prompted reply. It is very useful.

But I just wonder if there is any official document mentioning about this feature especially for the restriction of Offnet to Offnet calls under the Call Forward all situation?

Or have you tried it in the deployment.

Cheers,

---

Raymond

Hi

check the SRND for the CCM and check for the dial plan section. It explains the feature. I am not sure if there are any deployment scenario guides regarding the same.

Regards

Aiyappa

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content