cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to protect to call with a phone

carlostrapiello
Level 1
Level 1

I need to protect a Cisco 7912 phone with something like a password to use the phone. I use CCM 4.1.

Thanks, Carlos.

11 Replies 11

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

You could use two methods:

Use extension mobility: the phone in normal use has no privileges to dial out. You can create a Device Profile and when someone would like to dial out, he has to login in Extension Mobility and after the login, he could dial out.

Use partitions and calling search spaces with Route Patterns with the Force Authorization Codes or Client Matter Codes enbale in order to avoid that someone that doesn't know the code can use the phone.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

The first method is not supported for Cisco ip phones 7912. I copy the same that help page of CCM shows me:

"Use Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility to configure a Cisco IP Phone 7940 or Cisco IP Phone 7960 to temporarily display as the phone of a user".

And about the sencond method I don't know todo it.

I need more help please.

Carlos,

I think that you can use Extension Mobility with 7912 IP phones. I have tried several times.

For the second method, you need to assign the phone to a partion that contains the route patterns that you would like to use from that telephone. After that you need to create a CSS that contains those partitions and assign to the phone. You need to create a 'Force Authorization Code' and check the option in the route patterns.

I hope this helps,

Juan Luis

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

I think that the best way to go is with FAC (Forced Authorization Codes). Use this document to configure it:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_3/ccmfeat/fsfaccmc.htm

After you finish with the configuration, after you dial a number (that hits a Route Pattern) it will wait for you to dial the FAC and then hit # to route the call.

HTH

It's a good idea but I want to enable this feature for only one dial number. Is it possible?. Is there any solution to restrict the access to this phone to dial any number in all the world?.

Thansk, Carlos.

If I understand correctly you want to block for example, extension 4351 to dial 978-765-2233 (to give a number). What you can do is set a Route Pattern with a unique partition that only the 4351 will be able to reach the RP will be the exact number so everytime that you dial 978-765-2233 it will take that RP as his closest match. And under the RP put a dummy CSS that can not reach any GW or RL.

I think that you are not understanding me.

In resume, I want to know the way to protect a phone (with its dial number) for that only the person who I authorize can make outgoing calls over my network with it.

Thanks, Carlos.

Then I think that the best way to go is to set a new Route Pattern that ONLY that phone can reach (with PT and CSS) and use the FAC and this way only the users that have the authorization code will be able to make outgoing calls from that particular phone.

Maybe this is a good solution but I don't understand route patters and I don't know how to do what are you saying me. Any idea?.

Thanks, Carlos.

Carlos,

Take a look to the CallManager SRND, www.cisco.com/go/SRND, in the 'Dial Plan' chapter -> Design COnsiderations -> Building Classes of Service for Cisco CallManager with the Traditional

Approach.

You can e-mail me to jllopez@cystelcom.com.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis