cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to purge eadmin messages in exchange 2000?

r.troutman
Level 1
Level 1

I have unity 3.1.3 standalone vm server. My example admin account has some messages in it that i want to clean out. Where do i do this in exchange? If I go to exchange system monitor, i can see the mailbox and its size, but when i right click to purge, the purge text is not highlighted.

5 Replies 5

afuller
Level 4
Level 4

Point your outlook express client at your exchange server and log into that eadmin account. You can sift through the messages there. Be sure to give it a password in AD Users & Computers first.

adam

If I give the eadmin account a password, will this break anything? What is the default password, or is it blank?

josegcantuiii
Level 1
Level 1

you can do multiple things to fix this i will cover three:

1. You can change the owner of unaddressed messages to the real unity admin email account.

2. After you clean out the mailbox to prevent this in the future and instead of option 1 you can go to AD U&C and properties for eadmin > Exchange General > delivery options and forward all emails to another email account that resides on that exchange server (you can't forward to external mail accounts)

3. You can login to the OWA (outlook web access) or using outlook or outlook express to the eadmin account and delete all the messages. This will not prevent you from having to do this again though.

If I do number 3 and login to outlook express I will have to set the Eadmin password to something. Will this mess anything up if I change this password?

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The EAdmin account isn't used for anything external to Unity - in fact we didn't even used to create an NT account for this guy at all back in 2.x when Exchange 5.5 was the only option. Setting (changing more accurately- it has a password set at creation time) a password on the AD/NT account for this guy wont cause any problems.