Views
Helpful
Replies

How to reduce MOH level

j.bilodeau
Level 1
Level 1

CM 3.2 (2c)

Hi, I do have an mp3 file record by professionnal for MOH. They have already reduce db to the minimum, but still, users complaint that MOH is too loud. Is there a way to reduce the level in CM ? Thank you.

4 Replies 4

ksilva
Level 1
Level 1

Hey- Other than the custom MP3 you have, how do the other MOH streams sound?

mowour
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Johanne,

How did they reduce the DB level? Try the advanced service parameter DefaultMOHDBLevel, for the Cisco MOH Audio Translator service. If you make a change to this service parameter, you will need to drop your original MOH file in the DropMOHAudioSourceFilesHere directory again, because any changes to this parameter only affect audio files that are processed after the change is made. I believe there might be some third party wave editors that could be used to reduce the DB level of the initial recording before using the recording in CallManager.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

It was the company that made the recordings who reduced the level. Thank you very much for your response.

CCampbell_2
Level 1
Level 1

If all your MOH streams are too loud just turn down the recording volume:

On your Windows Server console that runs the IPVMS service, Double-click the Volume Control in the System Tray -> Options -> Properties -> Change Adjust Volume for: to Recording and adjust the Wave or Master level from there.

*Edit* Err, forget everything I just said, the above would only apply to a Fixed Audio Source.