Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to remove reference to an old install of UNITY

How do you remove a Server from the Server Chooser menu under Unity Administration Basically we had a Unity , we have install a unity 4.0 on a new server and import the database. however under the Server Chooser menu there is the new server & the old Server.

Moreover, we have subscribers which appears in both unity installations (view in GlobalSubscriberManager Tool). We can't be able to remove those subscriber from the old install even by using any tool. So when we make a search for subscriber in unity (in all the server), the one which are in the old unity appears with "Warning: could not find extension" as telephone number!!!!

Is there anyway to remove reference to the old server (the schema information & server references) ?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: How to remove reference to an old install of UNITY

I'm not sure what you mean by th e"server chooser menu" here... do you mean the drop down list that shows which Exchange message stores you can import users from/create users on? Or are you talking about the Unity servers you can see in the Global Subscriber Manager and in the SA when searching?

Did you uninstall the old server or just yank it off the network when you were done? If so, that will leave location objects in the directory under the Unity folder there that will be picked up by other Unity servers on the network and shown as a viable Unity server for selection.

Fill me in on what you did in this migration process - I'm not sure I understand what's going on here.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content