Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to return to a company's main greeting

Is there a key punching sequence (a caller can perform) or a program setting (we can make) for a caller to return to a company's main greeting (Automated Attendant) without leaving a message in the person's mailbox? In other words, a caller calls in and receives someone's mailbox greeting and wishes to return to the automated attendant without leaving a message, what do they do?<br><br><br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: How to return to a company's main greeting

By default the one key press map active during the subscriber’s greeting includes only the * (to sign in), # (to skip the greeting and head right to the after greeting action which is usually “take message”) and ‘0’ (to go to the operator).

If you want to have a designated key to exit the greeting and go back to the opening greeting again, you can assign a key to do this. You’d set it to “go to greeting for” the Opening Greeting call handler. Remember that folks will need to tell people that this key is available in their greetings (i.e. “Hi, this is Jeff and you’ve caught me away from my desk… to try the operator, press 0 now, to return to the opening greeting, press 5 or hang on and leave me a message at the tone…”).

You can change this is the subscriber template such that all new subscribers created on the system will have this key configured to do that automatically. To change standing users you either have to do it by hand or you can use the BulkEdit utility of the 2.x tools section on my web page to force the change for all subscribers in the system.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content