Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to route unknown/unconfigured DIDs to main number-reception

Hi,

Anyone know how to route unknown or unconfigured DIDs to a main number or a reception phone?

Basically, the customer has DIDs in the following range 5000-7000.

However, there are many DIDs that are not used in the above range (these available DIDs are not in any order). The existing PBX will route those extensions to the main reception. Anyone know how to do this fairly easily (without having to create a translation pattern for every unconfigured DID?).

thanks,

Paul

2 REPLIES

Re: How to route unknown/unconfigured DIDs to main number-recept

Hi Paul,

Create a second level partition mapping any 4-digits to reception.

So if your reception pilot point is 1000 create a second partition (e.g. Unknown) with a single translation pattern that maps XXXX Partition:Unknown to 1000

Your gateway should then have a CSS that sees partitions in the order:

1) Phones

2) Unknown

(Don't get them the wrong way around!).

Now all incoming DDIs that dont match the "phones" partition, will match the unknown partition and be translated to reception.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Stuart

Re: How to route unknown/unconfigured DIDs to main number-recept

Makes sense!

I forgot about the order of partitions... I was thinking of doing what you described (without multiple partitions), but then I thought, but wait.... it'll force all callers to the reception!

But you are correct! By having the 2nd partition (2nd partition with XXXX or wildcard), it'll check that partition next!

thanks!

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content