cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to save a recorded message into a wav file ?

sferland
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know how to save a message that has been recorded with the use of recording step into a specific file name and folder. I know that when the file is in the recording process, IPCC saves it into a temporary file in the C:\Program Files\wfavvid\temp directory.

I tried to do that by specifying a value to my document variable needed by the recording step.

Exemple:

{RecordMessage, com.cisco.doc.Document, FileDocument[file="D:\AMF\Message.wav",mime=application/octet-stream]}

But that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

Steven Ferland

Bell Canada Engineer

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

venkasub
Level 4
Level 4

You can save the Recorded document to a file using WriteDocument Step.

The following is from Cisco CRA Editor Step Reference Guide

"Use the Write Document step to write the document to disk on the CRA server"

Take a look at the below URL for more details

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_1/english/admn_app/step_ref/doc.htm#1026621

View solution in original post

yogeswar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The script should appear as follows...

Step Recording

----> Successful

-----> Write Document step

----> UnSuccessful

set the wave file name to the string variable and assign this variable to WriteDocument step file name.

Check out the following Editor Step Reference guide which describes these steps...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_5/english/admn_app/step.pdf

Regards

Yogi

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

venkasub
Level 4
Level 4

You can save the Recorded document to a file using WriteDocument Step.

The following is from Cisco CRA Editor Step Reference Guide

"Use the Write Document step to write the document to disk on the CRA server"

Take a look at the below URL for more details

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_1/english/admn_app/step_ref/doc.htm#1026621

yogeswar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The script should appear as follows...

Step Recording

----> Successful

-----> Write Document step

----> UnSuccessful

set the wave file name to the string variable and assign this variable to WriteDocument step file name.

Check out the following Editor Step Reference guide which describes these steps...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_5/english/admn_app/step.pdf

Regards

Yogi

It works when the caller stay on recording for Recording Duration time or interrupt recording with termination or cancel key. How can I hold recorded file if caller going on hook? Namely, in that case I have only recordfile in temp directory. I have tried with exceptions ( i.e. ContactInactive, SessionInactive.....) but it dont work.

Hi,

You can use the On Exception Goto step to catch the ContactInactiveException when a caller hangs up.

When the contact terminates, if a media step is executed that relies on a contact, it will trigger this exception handler. This step will catch the exception and go to the label you have specified.

You need to use the On Exception Goto Step before the Recording step. If called party terminates, it will trigger this exception and go to the label which you have specified.

I would strongly recommend that you immediately use the On Exception Clear step to "cancel" the On Exception Goto inside the destination label. This will avoid potentially looping.

Ex. Script goes like this:

--------------------------

On Exception (ContactInactiveException) Goto ExceptionCatchLabel

Recording

------>Successful

------------->Terminate()

------------->Go to Label0

------>UnSuccessful

------------->Go to LabelEnd

ExceptionCatchLabel :

Clear Exception (ContactInactiveException)

Label 0 :

Write Document

LabelEnd:

End

Hope this helps.

Regards

Yogi

Hi,

The Record step is relying on a termination key to "successfully" complete. If a contact drops before that happens, the script will catch the ContactInactiveException and abort. Adding a OnExceptionGoto step that catches the Contactinactive exception will allow you to explicitly perform the remaining steps. You should be able to write the document even though the contact dropped.

NOTE: Please be careful to use the OnExceptionClear after catching the drop to avoid looping conditions.

Let me know if you need more info.

Example script goes like this

-----------------------------

On Exception(ContactInactiveException) Goto Write_To_File

Recording(Contact: - Triggering Contact--, result document:ResultDocument)

- Successful

Goto Label0:

- UnSuccessful

Perform desired operation

Write_To_File:

Clear Exception(ContactInactiveException)

Label 0:

Write Document(Filename=RecFileName)

Hope this helps.

Regards

Venkat

borban
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks both of You.

The key was to use OnExceptionGoTo block before recording block. I have tried to use OnExceptionGoTo block in recording block (Successfull, Unsuccessfull) or after them and that is reason while I couldnt make that.

Thanks lot.

Boris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: