cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set CLIR on PRI ?

vkangin
Level 1
Level 1

I can't find how to set Calling Line Identification Restriction (CLIR) on PRI line. Is any body have idea how to set it up on AS5300?

Thanking in advance,

Vladimir

9 Replies 9

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

If you do a debug isdn q931 on the as5300 and place an inbound call to the callmanager do you see a calling party in the isdn setup? Also what version of IOS are you running on the as5300?

Thank you,

-Mckee

Fistly thanks for reply.

IOS version is 12.2.(6) c5300-is-mz.122-6.bin

I'd like to explain exactly what happens so

When I place a call to PSTN always on destination station (mobile or isdn phone) I can see either default ID of PRI or ID which belongs the range of allocated ID for this PRI. Even I can see that 'deb isdn q93' sending 0000 as Calling ID on the destination unit default ID shows. The engineers from our telecom indeed that is no restrictions from their side and that is just a enabling CLIR matter. I can't find what is the CLIR actually doing on ISDN level. Could you help with detailed description? By the way this problem I having in Cyprus and most probably we using euro-ISDN standard.

litrenta
Level 3
Level 3

CLIR is set by the originator of the call and passed by the 5300. The 5300 as a gateway will just pass it.

My question about other case when c5300 initiate the POT leg. Even I send fake or empty calling ID I still can't hide default PRI ID. I looking for the instrustion how to hide my PRI line number while I calling to mobile or other ISDN end points.

Hi, maybe you have to ask the PSTN provider to do it for you.

Unfortunately they don't have a clue how to configure Cisco Voice Gateway for CLIR functionality, as well they don't know a theory how it should work. But they can show how to configure PBX for CLIR !!! :(

litrenta
Level 3
Level 3

you can however use a translation rule and translate-outgoing calling on outbound pots dial peer to translate cpnum to null if you don't want to send it

Honestly I fill that it is clue to a puzzle!

'NULL' does not appeir as an option in CLI but it was accepted as number. So I did that:

Calling Party Number i = 0x80, 'null', Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x81, '867137', Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown

But still on destination station (867137) default PRI ID appeirs. Is CLIR means 'null' in cpnum field?

Please give me more ideas.

Thanking in advance,

Vladimir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: