cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set up RONA in Callmanager for IPCC?

smoran69
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to setup rona for ipcc 4.6.2 with callmanager 3.2. I have set up the rona dialed number in agent desk settings, do I also need to program the rona dialed number for each agent in callmanager? This seems pretty cumbersom for a feature that is usually automatic in other acd's.

Thanks in advance..

Sean

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should also make sure that the RC associated with the redirect DN is the same as the RC that originally routed the call to the non-answering agent in the first place. Otherwise, the call will just stall at the first agent's desktop until the inbound caller hangs up.

Regards,

Tim P-M

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

mikchen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To answer your question on setting up RONA, you do not have to program the

RONA dialed number in the Call Manager if you are having ICM do the

forwarding (which is recommended). In this case, you only need to have the

RONA dialed number programed in the agent desk setting. Here are a couple

things to keep in mind:

1) Your Forward No Answer Timeout setting in Call Manager should NOT be

lower than what is set in your Agent Desk Settings on ICM. You can find

this value setting in Call Manager by going to "Service - Service

Parameters - Cisco CallManager"

2) The RONA DN should have a priority queue value of "1" so that when the

call is thrown back in queue, it is put in the front of the queue and not

back in the last queued call.

Thanks,

Mike

You should also make sure that the RC associated with the redirect DN is the same as the RC that originally routed the call to the non-answering agent in the first place. Otherwise, the call will just stall at the first agent's desktop until the inbound caller hangs up.

Regards,

Tim P-M

Thanks, I changed the routing client to the callmanager pg it seems to be working. The only thing is I get an error in the router log viewer:

"Label node had no label valid for routing client CM_PG (ID 5000), dialed number CM_PG.1400(ID 5014)"

Sean

An error message that actually is deciperhable! Cool!

This means that there is no label valid for the RC. You'll just need to create a label for the RONA destination that is valid for that RC, and the error will go away. If you are using Dialed Number Label mapping, be sure to make that association as well once you create the label.

Regards,

Tim Platanitis-McKee

Can i use this to forward to a VoiceMail.

Ouch, that gets much more complicated. The ideal situation would be if the redirect destination would keep the "principal" of the call as it landed on the agent's telephone set (their extension number) when forwarded to Unity or some other VM package. In practice, transport of the principal is sort of twitchy.

From a customer perspective, I'd hate to queue for an agent for a couple of minutes (or several minutes), get my hopes up because I heard ringing...and then wind up in voicemail.

A better customer-oriented option would be to check agent availability in the target skill group prior to queuing for an agent, and transferring to a VM box for the agent group right away. Or, preparing the IPIVR to allow the caller to opt out to voice mail while queuing for the agent.

The RONA feature is really intended for those cases where an agent simply forgot to change their state on their telephone, and not as a default coverage option. Remember that you can also requeue that call on the Redirect back to the original skill group and change it's priority so it jumps ahead of the others in queue.

Regards,

Tim "Platkeet"