cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to setup 4-digit faxing between sites.

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a site that has the following config: 2811 router, (2) 4-port FXO HWICs, (1) 4-port FXS/DID HWIC, and a 2-port T1 controller. This site has (4) POTS lines setup in a Trunk Group for PSTN access. How can i setup my fax machine so users can send faxes to it by 4-digit dialing?

I figured that I would have to take the fax line into an available FXO port and then connect the Fax machine to an FXS port. What would the Dial Peer look like in this situation?

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am assuming that your faxes on on your IPT netrwork. What protocol do you use to control them (MGCP, H323)?

If MGCP then you simply make sure that the CSS assigned to the FXS port has access to other FXS port paritions.

If it's H.323 then you need to configure dial-peers pointing to other fax machines and make the session-target ipv:, also make sure you use G.711 codec and wheater you want to use pass-through or relay by adding appropriate commands. Make sure the H.323 GW is configured on CCM.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: