Cisco Support Community
Community Member

How to switch over some subscribers from PBX to CM

I need to move subscribers over from the PBX to CallManager (they are getting ip phones). This will be done in phases, several hundred at a time, for about 1500 subscribers. Using the Bulk Edit tool, I will change the switch type in the profile and the Notification tab. 1. Is there anything else that needs to be changed, other than the call handlers?

2. Will the MWI code go out to the CM once the switch type is changed in the profile?

As for the call handlers, I'm not sure. What setting on the Bulk Edit tool do I use to change the call handlers associated with multiple people? Can this be done? Is there anything else I need to do?

Re: How to switch over some subscribers from PBX to CM

Hello -

Not sure if you've seen this white paper regarding setting up dual phone integrations to Unity. I've not used the Bulk edit utility yet, so I cannot address those questions. I do know you will need to divide your Unity ports between the two PBXs, with the PBX configured from ports 1 - x and CallManager configured to use ports x+1 through ? This paper speaks to that, including how to set the phone system that gets dialed for MWI and notification.

Best wishes! Ginger

CreatePlease to create content