cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to track down a dialed number

briley
Level 1
Level 1

I have a ccm 4.1.3 install which has been completed for a few months. They have an old number which was ported to their PRI but no calls should be going out using that number. The customer is saying that people are complaining that they have been receiving calls on thier phones with this number in the caller-id of thier phones. The calls are happening through the day and at night when nobody is in the building. I have call detail turned on but need to find out if the calls are realling going out using this number from my system If they are going out of my system how do I track down why the system is calling these people. I do not have the numbers that have been dialed only the number which shows up on the affected persons caller-id so that is all I have to go on with my search.

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

You might run a query into CDR db if CDR enable flag is set to T in all servers within the cluster.

select * from CallDetailRecord where finalcallednumber = 'phone number affected'

Check calling party number.

gene
Level 1
Level 1

Keep in mind until recently service providers did not setup filtering tables for CLID. Which meant you could send out whatever number you wanted. There are still allot of circuits out there set up like this. So it is possible it is someone not at your buildings at all making these calls. Other than that you should make a call from a phone that sends out a number that is bogus. When the filtration tables are set up correctly and a number is sent that is not one of their numbers the phone company should override the bogus number to a predetermined number. That could be your mystery number. Also if you want to make sure you are not sending the number you could just turn on debug isdn q931 on that interface and log it. When they say someone received a call from that number look back at the log for that time and see if you see in the calling number field of a message.