Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Howto monitor conversations on 7960s

I'm trying to figure out how to monitor conversations using our 7960G phones, where the phone user is talking to the remote party using the handset or headset, but the speaker is also on so other folks in the room can hear but won't be heard.

Any ideas most appreciated.

Thanks,

Karim

5 REPLIES

Re: Howto monitor conversations on 7960s

Doesn't Barge require a shared line appearance? We won't always have that option. Also, I wasn't looking to involve any secondary phones - just activate the speaker on the one phone while it's handset remains in use.

The IPCC stuff looks great, but is probably overkill for our needs.

I am not sure if you want this for training purposes. If it is, we are currently using 2 Plantronics H51 one ear voice tube headset tops. They connect to a Y connector which is plugged into the headset port on the back of the 7960. One person monitors the other person on the phone for training. If this is what you were looking for, I hope this helps.

It is for training, but we would typically have more than 2 people listening to the call, so activating the speaker concurrently with the limited pickup of the handset microphone would be our best solution. This was offered by our old Samsung phones.

Thanks for the input,

Karim

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content