cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTP Error 303

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to push application to the phones using CiscoIPPhoneExecute object. I can push to the phones successfully, however we need to confirm if the phones have recieved the push. To confirm, we are using CiscoIPPhoneResponse.

My problem is that this push and response works great on 7970 and 7905/11/12. However on 7960, I get an HTTP 303 error when I try to read the response from the phone (phone do get the alert though).

I ran the Ethereal to read the network traffic. I found that 7960 does Http redirect which causes http 303 error. So the exact same execute behaves differently on 7960 and all the other phones. I tried to change the phone load, but they all behaved the same on 7960.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

ckatene
Level 3
Level 3

the redirect is a normal part of the phone's behavior. when you send a CiscoIPPhoneExecute, the phone must first check to see if the username and password is valid. rather than make the reqestor wait, it sends a redirect to another page in the phone's web server, authenticates the supplied username and password against the authentication URL, and attempt to execute the CiscoIPPhoneExecute. the result of all this is posted on the page you were redirected to.

your application will need to deal with the 303.

c