Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Hunt-Groue and CME 3.3

Hello Experts,

Our Receptionist has 6 lines. The thired and following incomming calls don't display on the phone screen. It just Beeps in the ear and shows nothing. This doen't happen for the first and second call. Could you please let me how can I modify the config to make it happen. Here's the config:

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 2300

pickup-group ReceptionistNotAvailable

label Receptionist-1

name Receptionist-1

call-forward noan 9998 timeout 20

no huntstop

night-service bell

!

ephone-dn 111 dual-line

number 2311

label Receptionist-2

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 112 dual-line

number 2312

label Receptionist-3

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 113 dual-line

number 2313

label Receptionist-4

call-forward busy 9998

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 114 dual-line

number 2314

label Receptionist-5

!

!

ephone-dn 115 dual-line

number 2315

label Receptionist-6

call-forward busy 9998

!

ephone-hunt 2 peer

pilot 2300

list 2311, 2312, 2313, 2314, 2315

final 9998

7 REPLIES

Re: Hunt-Groue and CME 3.3

Could someone please respond to this posting?

Thanks,

Bahman,

Mostly lack of space in the LCD to show call appearances for more than 2 calls is whats causing this. If you use a 7961, the phone has lighted buttons, which will give you a visual indication of the call on the appropriate line. Does that help ?

Thanks for the reply,

It works with the buttons but due to the nature of our customer's business, the Receptionist has to identify the incoming calls. Only lighting buttons is not enough for them. My question is why the first two calls are displayed but not the thired, fourth, so on? Any idea?

Thanks,

Bahman,

If the receptionist have to answer the call based on the number they dial (there may be different 1800 numbers that your client's dial) you can do a work around.

a. Configure service dnis dir-lookup under telephony-service

b. Setup directory entries in corporate directory for these numbers, with a name associated with it. (Remember that you may not be receive the full 800 number inbound on your PRIs, so make sure you map only the DID)

c. The command in step a, causes the DNIS to be compared with local directory and if a match occurs, the name associated with that number is displayed at the bottom of the LCD screen right above the softkeys. This helps the receptionist to answer the call different depending upon the number that was dialed.

For regular calls that come in where all you have to do is answer the call, i think the receptionist should be able to live with just picking up the call as soon as she sees a blinking lighted button on the phone.

I will check around if there is a way to change the display behaviour.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Thanks Sankar,

You're answering to all my questions in this forum.

My question is why the first two calles get desplayed on the Receptionist's phone screen but as soon as she gets busy with those two lines the thired and fourth and fifth ones don't desplay? The issue starts when she is answering the first two calls and if the thired one comes in, it just lights on the buttons. Is there any thing wrong with the config?

Thanks,

Bahman,

What you are experiencing is normal behaviour. THis is what i think is happening.

Your ephone-dns are dual-lines, so each line can receive up to 2 calls. Remember dual-lines have 2 channels. So the first call to hunt pilot rings line1 ch1 and and second call rings line 1 ch2. Since the first two calls hit line 1, you do get to see the call appearance in the LCD screen.

For the 3rd call, CME rolls over to ephone-dn 2 on button 2. For buttons 2 - 6, the call appearance appears as follows:

a. shows a phone ringing animated icon next to the button,

b. a visual indication (in case of a 7970 or 79X1, x=6,4)

c. You get a text indication "From " at the bottom of the LCD screen right above the Softkeys.

This is standard behaviour.

Sankar

PS:please remember to rate posts!

Sankar,

After the second call (third and the followings), the Receptionist doesn't have the answer option amoung the softkey. In order to answer the third call, she needs to press the thired button on the top right side of the phone. Is that normal behaviour?

Thanks,

Views
Helpful
Replies