Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group and Voice Mail - How?

jwkimmel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are setting up a Hunt Group (Line Group, Hunt List, Hunt Pilot) for call distribution. We don?t want to use the Attendant console for this, we just want the calls distributed. We need to send some calls and broadcast them to different phones. We have it working but we have a need that if no one answers to send the call to voicemail.

The way we have it configured right now?

Line Group:

Broadcast Distribution

2 Lines ? Client Phone Lines

Hunt List:

Line Group Above

Hunt Pilot:

Number & Information Configured

Hunt List Above

What we planned on doing was to take and add a second line group with a single number that is forwarded to voicemail. Then in the hunt list, if no one answers the fist group, go to the second. The problem is, CTI Ports and CTI Route Points don?t seem to be able to be added to the Line Group.

Someone suggested that I add a ?fake? phone and forward the line to voicemail. I tried that and when I call that number it goes to voicemail but when I add it to the Line Group it rings fast busy when it rolls to it.

Any ideas?

16 Replies 16

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot add CTI RPs to line group, and if you add a dummy phone that's forwarded to voicemail it won't look at the forward settings when the call came in via hunt pilot.

Here is what you do:

On the Huunt Pilot set the call forward no answer/busy to the voicemail pilot, or the cti rp and set the RNA timer. Don't forget to put in the CSS that has access to this DN.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Thanks for the quick response! The calls are rolling correctly execpt after the last person in the list hit under the hunt, the call is going to our unity voice mail system instead of where it is supposed to.

I have the number and calling search space correct. I know I'm close, I just can't figure out what is wrong!

Edit: Ok, we did some more testing and I forwarded the call to a persons phone and after 15 seconds of ringing, the call gets sent to the default voicemail profile instead of the users voicemail profile.

Thanks!

So how do you have it configure?

Line Group 1

DN 1

DN 2

Line Group 2

Dummy phone --> VM

Hunt List

Line Group 1

Line Group 2

What's the RNA timer on the hunt pilot?

So when is the call going to VM?

Chris

Right now I have it configured the following way:

Line Group

DN 1

DN 2

Hunt List

Line Group

Hunt Pilot

Hunt List

Forward Hunt Busy -> RP forwarded to VM

We have 2 voice mail systems, Unity and Call Pilot. Most of our clients are on Call Pilot but when the call gets forwarded to Unity with no mailbox.

I forwarded the Hunt Pilot to a test phone that goes to voice mail on RNA and it does the same thing there after 10 seconds of rings.

That's probaly your RNA on the Line Group, since you're using Broadcast hunting both phones ring for 10 seconds (default) and then go to the NO ANSWER option on hunt pilot. Chnage the RNA timer to 30 seconds if that's what you desire.

Chris

Try creating a line group with the Voicemail Ports. Then create a top down Hunt list with the Voicemail Line group below the numbers.

Random_Number_HL

Phone_group_1-LG

Phone_group_2-LG

Voicemail-LG

It works very nicely.

Thank you for the suggestions, but we have 2 voice mail systems. Unity and Call Pilot, we use unity for all our remote sites and Call Pilot (integrated with our Nortel PBX) for all our local clients. Everything is configured to point towards Call Pilot but Unity is getting the calls.

If I create a CTI Route Point and forward all to Call Pilot Voice mail, Unity still answers. I tested with a standard phone that is setup and works correctly with voice mail. If I set that phone to be the one forwarded to it rings then goes to unity. If I call it normally, it rings then goes to call pilot.

I did another test using the "Use Personal Preferences" checkbox and configured the phone but it still went to the wrong voicemail system. The only thing I can think of is that it is using the one we have selected as the default instead of what is configured on the phone.

We also have two VM platforms integrated with our CallManager cluster. We had a similiar issue where a user's phone would roll to the default VM profile instead of the one configured on the user's line. We tried resetting, restarting, and power-cycling the phone but none of that worked. We changed the VM profile to the default profile and reset the phone, then set it back to the desired profile and reset the phone again it and that resolved the problem.

Maybe you can try that on the voicemail profile for your CTI route point's line.

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried it but it didn't work.

Any other ideas?

I successfully deployed something like that, but that was over a year ago and I don't recall details. But I remember I used Forward Hunt No Answer to VM pilot under Hunt pilot config. And if you are using Unity you need to modify call routing in Unity.

I have something similar in place, but using attendant console, just the hunt group with pilot point. I have then created a CTI route point that always forwards to voicemail, an added that CTI route point to the line group.

The strange thing though was that allthough the original called number is the pilot point, upon forward to voicemail the called number as seen by Unity was the one from the CTI route point.

What I ended up with was having the voicemail subscriber in Unity setup with the extension equal to the pilot point and a alternate extension for that subscriber that equals to the CTI route point DN.

Ofcourse CSS and partition are important, but another thing is the voicemail profile which you will have to set correct at the CTI route point.

Hope it helps,

Leo

The call does get forwarded to voicemail, it just gets sent to the wrong system. I have a CTI Route Point set up to foward all calls to the correct voicemail box. If I call that number, I get forwared to voicemail just as I was expecting. If I set that number to the forward number on the hunt group it goes to Unity when it should go to Call Pilot.

We really want to avoid using the attendant console setup because we would like the calls to broadcast to each phone but not have to use the software.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: