Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

hunt-group description on CME 4.0(3)

Hi all,

I set up a CME with release 12.4(4)XC4 with 3 hunt-group. See config:

ephone-hunt 1 sequential

pilot <omitted>

list 105, 104, 103, 102, 101

max-timeout 120

timeout 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

statistics collect

description PostOperatore

!

!

ephone-hunt 2 longest-idle

pilot <omitted>

list 102, 103

timeout 10, 10

statistics collect

description Numero_Verde

display-logout All LogOUT

!

!

ephone-hunt 10 longest-idle

pilot <omitted>

list 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157

timeout 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11

statistics collect

description Gruppo_SDH

_________________________-

You can see that in group 1 and 2 there are 2 ephone-dn (102 and 103).

I need that a description can be added to "phone displays" to provide hunt group information associated with ringing and answered calls.

for example: I call the pilot number of hunt-group 2, and the display of telephone with number 102 or 103 show, for example, the pilot telephone number.

In the command reference, this is documented with description command but it seems doesn't work. The telephone are 7912 and 7940.

Any idea?

thanks

Diego

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: hunt-group description on CME 4.0(3)

Diego,

The description under ephone-hunt should only for documentation purpose. I think what you can possibly do here is to add two directory entries for each hunt pilot with the appropriate nmaes PostOperatore and Numero_Verde. Under telephony-service give the command "Service dnis dir-lookup". Based on the number the Original called party dialed, you should get a display name at the bottom of the LCD screen of a 7940 or 7960 showing the name of the original called number. I havent tested this with hunt groups. Just an idea. Let me know if that works by rating the posts.

PS: Make note of what changes you make, in case you need to revert back. Also take a back up of your old configs.

3 REPLIES

Diego,

The description under ephone-hunt should only for documentation purpose. I think what you can possibly do here is to add two directory entries for each hunt pilot with the appropriate nmaes PostOperatore and Numero_Verde. Under telephony-service give the command "Service dnis dir-lookup". Based on the number the Original called party dialed, you should get a display name at the bottom of the LCD screen of a 7940 or 7960 showing the name of the original called number. I havent tested this with hunt groups. Just an idea. Let me know if that works by rating the posts.

PS: Make note of what changes you make, in case you need to revert back. Also take a back up of your old configs.

Great shanky.

That works.

Diego

I will try this and i will give you the feedback.

But, in the System configuration guide, in the chapter "feature history", you can read this:

Enhanced display of ephone hunt-group information ? A configurable text string can be added to

provide information in configuration output and to be displayed on IP phones when a hunt-group call

is ringing or answered. This text string can be used to indicate the name or purpose of the hunt group.

regards

Diego

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content