cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group Ending in Voicemail

charlie.vaughan
Level 1
Level 1

I need to configure a hunt group that works through a list of numbers, and then ends with voicemail of the intial no. called.

e.g.

User 1

Hunt Group

User 2

User 3

Voicemail for user 1.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi. I just want to find out if you seccessfully configured HG to VM. I'm having difficulty with it.

I created a dummy phones with DN that points to VM profile. I put this DN into Line Group. (For some reason it does not allow me to put CTI RP into LG). When I dial hunt pilot and call is not picked up I get fast busy.

If I put dummy phone DN in Hunt CFNA it takes me to the general greeting and not the user VM.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Callmanager or Callmanager Express ?

If yes please include versions.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Create a new voicemail profile that masks to the user 1 number

Create a dummy phone or cti port (assign any unused DN) and set call forward all to voicemail, apply the new vm profile to this port

Add that port or phone to the hunt group, make sure that "always route" check box is checked

Instaed of the vm profile you could achive the same with using alternate extensions on Unity if you prefer this way.

Chris

Works great guys. Thanks.

bhattacharya.s
Level 1
Level 1

Chris answered your question - that's the best solution :-)

Hi. I just want to find out if you seccessfully configured HG to VM. I'm having difficulty with it.

I created a dummy phones with DN that points to VM profile. I put this DN into Line Group. (For some reason it does not allow me to put CTI RP into LG). When I dial hunt pilot and call is not picked up I get fast busy.

If I put dummy phone DN in Hunt CFNA it takes me to the general greeting and not the user VM.

Hi, i am assuming you running ccm 4.1. in which case on the original user directory number page make sure forward no coverage is set to voicemail, forward no answer to hunt group and on the hunt group itself forward no answer to personal preference

The above setup should work. I'm running 4.12ES53, so there could be a bug. TAC is trying to replicate the problem. I'll keep you updated.

If you can get the call into Unity, but are getting top of tree, you can use a forwarded calls routing table entry in Unity to grab calls that are forwarded from that last extension and send them to the mailbox where you want them to end up.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008014fa98.html

Mary Beth

Mary, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: