cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group ignore call forward settings?

anthoney_murphy
Level 1
Level 1

I need to implement hunt groups that will ignore the call forward settings on all phones involved. I know this can be done in CME but I can find nothing about this on Call Manager.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Anthoney,

This does work the way you require in CCM as well. Have a look at the following which describes how the settings on individual member phones are ignored;

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco CallManager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) or Call Forward Busy (CFB) settings for the attempted party. This also applies to CFWD ALL settings.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp1078922

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Anthoney,

This does work the way you require in CCM as well. Have a look at the following which describes how the settings on individual member phones are ignored;

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco CallManager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) or Call Forward Busy (CFB) settings for the attempted party. This also applies to CFWD ALL settings.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp1078922

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

How about the No Answer Ring Duration settings. That is not mentioned in the document.

Hi Anthoney,

Are you referring to the No Answer Ring Duration settings of an individual Hunt Group member. If so, those are ignored on a Hunt Call just like CFNA,CFB and CFWD ALL. Or maybe you are looking for this setting;

RNA Reversion Timeout

Enter a time, in seconds, after which Cisco CallManager will distribute a call to the next available or idle member of this line group or to the next line group if the call is not answered and if the first hunt option, Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List, is chosen. The RNA Reversion Timeout applies at the line-group level to all members.

From this doc;

Line Group Configuration Settings

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed665.html#wp1027362

Or maybe I am completely off-base :) If so, just clarify.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just to add something with this, in CCM 4.2, they have a new feature that allows hunt group members to login and logout of the hunt group. This is handy I have found instead of using the Call foward for that line.

cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: