Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Hunt Group Logoff Notification

i am looking for a way to enable "Hunt Group Logoff Notification" for Phones which is member of a huntgroup.

With CM 4.2 there is a Service Parameter called as above.

----------------------------------------

Hunt Group Logoff Notification - type in "None" for silence or give an valid ring tone file name

----------------------------------

I can change the value from none to "chime.raw", or other ringtones but with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

mehmet

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Hunt Group Logoff Notification

Hi Mehmet,

I am not running CCM 4.2, so this has not been tested (just a theory).My take on this parameter is that it only applies to "Shared Lines" not individual DN appearances. Are you testing this on Shared Lines?

Have a look;

Non-Shared-Line Operation

If a phone is logged out of a line group and an extension on the phone is not shared, the line group does not ring that directory number in the line group. When the line group would normally offer the call to the directory number, call processing skips the directory number and acts as if the directory number does not belong to the line group.

Shared-Line Operation

Because the Log Out of Hunt Group feature is device-based, when a user logs a phone out, the feature affects only the logged-out phone. Calls to a line group that contains a shared-line directory number (DN) behave as follows:

The DN does not ring if all phones that share that DN are logged out.

The DN does ring if one or more of the phones that are sharing the DN are logged in.

**The audible ring on a phone that is logged out gets turned off by default. Cisco CallManager provides a system parameter that can be set, so a different ring tone plays when a call comes in to a logged-off hunt group member.**

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008055ccd0.html#wp1091630

Hope this helps!

Rob

Bronze

Re: Hunt Group Logoff Notification

thanks rob,

i see there is a false interpretation on my part. I thought there is logoff notification for the user when the user presses the HLOG softkey to log out from the hunt group.

greetings

mehmet

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content