cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group message indicator issue

seannoblegray
Level 1
Level 1

When i change a user to have no VM with a hunt group with the account already being setup as default for VM. When i make the change to no VM it leaves a flashing message indicator on the hunt group extension. Does anyone know the fix to remove the indicator? There is no VM in the storage container.

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sean,

If this is just a one time or one off type of issue, you could go to the affected phone and and dial the Message Waiting - Off DN. You can determine this number by going to Feature>Voicemail>Message Waiting on the CCM box.

For example; if the MW - Off DN is 2766

Go to the phone (or get the user to) and dial 2766.This will turn off the lamp indicator.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Rob,

Thanks for the quick response. I have tried that in the past. It does work with the individuals VM box. However it does not work with the individuals secondary extension which is their hunt group line. The message indicator is on for that individuals hunt group line, which it should not be there. It only occurred when i changed the second ext(which is their hunt group line) in ccm from default voicemail to no voicemail. Any other ideas?

Hi Sean,

If you actually select the second line button and then dial the MW-OFF DN it doesn't work?

I just tried something similar from the second line of a test phone. Both line 1 and 2 had the flashing envelope MW icon and when I selected line 2 and dialled the MW-OFF DN for our system the MW icon for line 2 was deleted.

Failing that, I would think that you could change/add the VM back in for that extension, check all new messages before changing it back to the new setup.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts

ok, here are the changes i made and the results. I switched back to "default" for VM. result- message indicator still there. so then i decided to change the "message waiting lamp policy" i first changed it to "system policy" it was previously at "light and prompt." the message light on the handset turned off but the message envelope is still there. so i then changed it to "none". still there. on each of these changes i also tried the MW-OFF DN for the line and it did not work. The main difference between the 2nd line and the 1st line is that the 2nd line is only used for that particular hunt group. the user cannot place calls or take messages on that line but can receive calls. the first line is for full use. hope this helps you understand more of how we are setup. thanks for your assistance so far.

Hey Sean,

I don't have this exact setup in the lab so I can't verify any of this :(

When you say that Line 2 cannot place calls, is the restriction via the Line CSS? If so, perhaps you could change it just long enough to allow it to dial the MW-OFF DN.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Your configuration sounds similar to mine. I have my users personal (DID) number as their first extension and the ext on the second line is associated with the hunt group they belong too. My message waiting lamp policy is left at use system policy which I have never tried to look into. As an FYI I walked into this system 16 months ago and haven't had the chance to research every type of setting on every CCM screen.

With these settings I have never had a user tell me that the lamp is lit or that the envelope is showing.

Now in regards to the Unity server setup. The dept. will have a main line which is monitored by a Call Handler, when the caller makes a selection to send them to the hunt group (non DID) ext. the call is transfered to a subscriber with the hunt group name and ext. associated with it. The caller is not given the option to leave a voice mail or enter another extension at this point. I do have the MWI check box checked but since the lines are the 2nd line on a phone the light won't go on.

I do have a few users with the non-DID number as their primary extension but they have not noticed the lamp or envelope on their phone.

The CSS is associated with the phone if you want both lines to act the same, associate with the lines if you want to restrict them differently.

Hope it helps a little. Just wanted to give you a picture of what I have.