Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Hunt group question

We have a customer who is currently set-up in the following manner: All external calls ring a receptionist. If she is busy or not available, the call hunts to another user and so on. There are currently five (5) users set-up like this. These users all have a button on their existing phones labeled “Available”. When this button is inactive (not pushed), they are in the incoming calls hunt group. When this button is active (pushed), the user is no longer available to receive calls from this hunt group. They can still make and receive calls to their internal extensions.

Short of installing IPCC, how can I mimic this functionality?

It’s easy enough to set-up a hunt group, but I don’t know of a way to take the extensions out of availability for the hunt group when the users don’t want to take these calls but still want to receive internal calls made to their extensions.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Re: Hunt group question

I believe that CCM 4.2 introduced the ability to log in and out of hunt groups, but I may be wrong about that. I'll have to go check again.

6 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Chris,

You can accomplish this with Attendant Console. The users would have a piece of software on their PC that controls their availability. Please see the following link for details.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps555/index.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps555/products_installation_and_configuration_guide09186a0080176f6e.html

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Community Member

Do you know if Attendant Console will work in a thin client enviroment?

Thanks,

Chris

Community Member

I believe that CCM 4.2 introduced the ability to log in and out of hunt groups, but I may be wrong about that. I'll have to go check again.

Yes, CM 4.2 does support Hunt group login/logout.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_data_sheet0900aecd8042402c.html

Note that if you ever plan to migrate to 5.0 Cisco doesnt have a migration path from 4.2 to 5.0

5.1 will be the next upgrade path from 4.2 (but you will have to wait till end of 2006-early 2007.

hth

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Community Member

I've just setup the softkey template to include the hunt group login/logout feature in 4.2(1). Even though the softkey displays ??? it does work. This is in a lab using IP Communicator as the phone. Haven't tried it on a 79xx phone yet.

Any thoughts on the 3 question marks showing up on the softkey in IP Communicator?

Thanks,

Kevin

Community Member

i just setup a similar scenerio, i used extension mobility for the receptionists, they login to take calls and logout at the end of the shift, when all receptionist are logged off, the properties of the hunt pilot take over and calls are forwarded to answering service

Tom..

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content