Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hunt group with voicemail box at end

All,

I have a simple hunt group of a dozen phones which I would like to go to voicemail if unanswered. The line group (ext. 1001, 1002, etc.), hunt list (the aforementioned line group and then the voicemail line group) and the pilot point (ext. 1234) are all configured and working.

Except, I expected calls to 1234 to reach the voicemail box of 1234 after exhausting the first hunt group. They reach Unity but instead of receiving "Extension 1234 is unavailable..." and being offered a chance to leave a message they get "Hello, Unity voicemail messaging system..." as though the destination is unrecognised.

What can I do to ensure that calls to a hunt group eventually reach a voicemail box to be stored?

Thanks for any ideas.

8 REPLIES

Re: Hunt group with voicemail box at end

There are at least a couple of ways to do this:

1. Create a voicemail profile in CCM with a mail box mask that matches the mailbox DN in Unity. Create a CTI route point in CCM, assign it a DN, give it the voicemail profile you just created and forward all calls to voicemail. You can now make the DN of the CTI route point the last member of the Line Group.

2. Create a CTI route point as described above. Make the DN you give the route point an alternate extension in Unity (Unity web admin -> Subscribers -> Alternate Extensions).

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon,

Really, thanks for such a complete answer - most appreciated.

I've opted for number 1 and set it all up as you outlined, my only problem is when trying to add it to the line group.

I select the appropriate partition and DN of the route point but if finds no matches. If I enter the first two digits I get other extensions in that range but not the route point.

A route plan report for the route point's DN shows it as set and if I dial the DN I get correctly sent to the appropriate voicemail box on Unity.

Any ideas?

Thanks again. James.

James,

I apoligize. I gave you some wrong information. CTI route point DNs cannot be members of line groups. Another option is to create a dummy phone (Device -> Phone -> Add a New Phone) and basically follow the same steps as with the CTI route point. You can give the phone a dummy MAC address (all zeros, for example). I just tested this and it works fine.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon,

No problem, I'm working off site for a couple of days now. But I will check this out and rate as soon as I return.

Thanks again.

Brandon,

Thanks for this, I've been able to try it but still have trouble. I created the dummy phone, gave it a DN and the voicemail profile that maps to the correct box and forwarded all calls to voicemail.

If I pick up my handset and dial the dummy DN I correctly get the mapped voicemail box and the DN of the dummy phone added as expected to the line group.

However, if I dial the hunt group's pilot point I get disconnected when I reach the last legitimate extension in the hunt group without ever reaching voicemail.

For the sake of testing I reduced the number of lines in the group to one test phone and dummy, but there is no change. I also made the dummy phone the first in the group as a test, the first extension to ring was the first immediately after the dummy phone.

Any idea where I went wrong?

Hall of Fame Super Silver

In CCM 4.0+ there are 2 ways of doing hunting, one way is to use the AC hunt groups, the other (new one) is the line group. When you use line group you can not include CTI Route Ports in them. In order to route calls to voicemail configure callForward on the Hunt Pilot that points to voicemail pilot, or create as the cti rp that you already created with correct voicemail profile as the forward destination.

Chris

Chris,

As I mentioned above, I'm now offsite but thanks for the advice and I'll try it out when I return.

Thanks again,

James.

Chris,

Thanks for the feedback but I'm a little confused by what you mean.

I think you are asking me to configure the Hunt Pilot for this new hunt group to forward to voicemail when unanswered but I know of no way (at least via the web GUI) to do this.

Have I misunderstood your suggestion?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content