Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Hunt Groups and Voicemail

Was not sure if this was the right group to post these questions. I believe that these will be super easy for this group, and I want to double check my thinking against you guys. So, here they are.

If we elect to use a BROADCAST type of hunt group in some of our departments (all phones in the hunt group ring simultaneously when a call is directed to the group) and then direct that call to a DEPARTMENTAL VOICE MAIL BOX in a BNA condition:

1. Can the call ring with a unique ring that those in the hunt group can identify as different from a call that is directed specifically to their personal extension?

2. If the call to the hunt group ends up in the departmental HUNT GROUP VOICE MAIL BOX, will all phones in the hunt group receive notification that a message exists in the GROUP voice mail box?

3. If yes to 2 above, when any one individual in the group dials in to the group box and listens to the message, are all message waiting indicators subsequently turned off and does the person who responded to the message then become the owner of the message in his personal mail box?

Additional questions not related to hunt groups:

4. Do internal station to station calls ring with a special tone that differentiates them from external inbound calls?

4 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Hunt Groups and Voicemail

1) cannot setup unique rings per huntGroup. these are set on the devices or globally.

2) all phones will be able to get MWI (voice mail message waiting indicator) if they all have the voiceMail box DN configured on all phones.

3) if a user saves or deletes a voiceMail, all phones MWI will respond accordingly. the owner of the voiceMail will be the subscriber of the VM box configured in subscriber configuration.

4) by default, internal calls do not ring differently than external inbound calls.

Brian,

1. There is not a distintive ring option in CM. You could create a 2nd line on your user's phones and add those lines to the hunt. From there the user can select a different ring for the line (this is a local phone option for ring).

2. Setup alternate MWI on the group vmail box. Alternate I believe has a limit of 9. If you have more users than that then create a DN on each of their phones with the same # of the voicemail box. If that number is the original vmail pilot that is a CTI or other device then you wont be able to do that but you could create another DN and use a translation and the Multiple Tenant MWI option in CM service. Reply back if you need more detail.

3. MWI is turned off. The message stays in the group mailbox, there is no forwarding unless the user manually forwards it.

4. Not by default and I don't believe you have that option but not totally sure.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Your reply to question #1 evokes the following concern:

A user in a Broadcast hunt group is on the phone handling a call on his 'personal' number and a call is directed to the hunt group.

Since the hunt group is now on another line from the one he has busied out, does he get an audible ring while he is on the other line? Additionally, does the system know that his phone is busy and exclude him from the hunt"

If this same user is handling a hunt group call and someone calls him on his 'personal' line, does the system recognize the BUSY condition of his phone and move the call right on to VM, or does it assume an RNA condition and ring his 'personal' line for a given period before going to VM?

Brian,

You can specify a different ring setting for the 2nd line depending if the phone is in use or not in use. This is a setting in the line configuration in CCM and really only changes ring/beep/flash/etc. So you could say on line 2 when phone is idle, then ring, or when phone is in use, beep. Unfortunately that scenario will not maintain state of the user's 1st line. If the user is on the 1st line and the call hunts to a line on the 2nd line then it would ring. You could look at an option in CM4.2 which is login/logout of hunt groups. To tell you the truth I haven't messed with that feature yet to give you insight on it strengths and weaknesses. Lastly same thing if they are on the hunt line the 1st line will ring based off the settings on the line.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content