Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Hunt groups (longest idle) and call forward all

Hi,

In CCM 3.2 we have the following setup. Extensions A, B and C are part of a hunt group (longest idle). If one of those extensions is configured with Call forward all to another destination then the hunt group gets stuck to that extension and it doens't try the other ones. I believe that is because that extension is still considered the longest idle since there is no activity on it (because of Call forward all).

Is there any way around this?

Thanks

Panos

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Hunt groups (longest idle) and call forward all

Guess you are correct. I found this line in the document which only re-iterates a similar condition. Quote "If the voice-mail number is the longest idle member of the group, Cisco TCD will route the call to voice mail without checking the other members of the group first."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080139385.html#84447

The solution for your problem could be to switch to " First Available Hunt Group Member" option

Re: Hunt groups (longest idle) and call forward all

Hi Panos,

I believe that I am having the same problem as yourself (other than the fact that I am using CCM3.1)

I have a single hunt-group covering 10 people (extensions) who have their CFNA setting set for forward to the pilot point number.

The hunt-group for this pilot point is configured as First Available Member and there is not a Voicemail or Attended Console as the last member of the hunt group.

This setup works fine then all members phones are either available or in a true state of busy (on the phone) but if the user has placed their ext in a state of Call Forward All the CCM does not see that ext as being unavailable and hence places the call to the ext which then sends to call to the VM server.

I thought that the CCM would see a phone in a state of CFA as a busy ext and miss the ext from any hunt-group configuration???

Did you ever get a solution to you problem?

Regards

Mark

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content