Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Hunt Groups or Pickup Groups

I have an issue where an incoming call is tranferred to a pilot point and onto the respective hunt group. This works fine but the customer then wants to be able to to use group pickup on the call that is in the hunt group, this does not work.

The customer wants to be able to have a combination of both and other than transfering the incoming call to an extn and then using "forward no answer" settings around all the extns I can think of no alternative.

There are over 15 extns in the hunt group, so setting up the "forward no answer" and keeping them in line would be painful.

Does anyone know of any alternatives or is it a case of hunt groups or pickup groups?

This is on CCM4.1(3)

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Chris

11 REPLIES

Re: Hunt Groups or Pickup Groups

Call forward will no work in an Hunt group

I appreciate that call forward will not work in a hunt group. I was using call forward as an alternative to a hunt group so the cust could use group pickup.

What I am trying to find out is what setup, if any, can be used to distribute calls and use group pickup on Callmanager?

Is the purpose of the call pickup for people within the hunt group to answer it while it's ringing on another members' line (in effect, not waiting for the hunt to activate)? If so, perhaps the "broadcast" method of hunting would be the answer. Then, the call rings on all members' phones, whoever answers it first gets the call, leaving the remaining members open and available to get the next call.

I had several installs were call pickup was used to in conjuction with huntgroups this was accomplished via routing the call though a number that was in the pickup group prior to the hunt. Unfortionatly this only works in versions <4.0(2a)sr2b. All the customer i have upgraded past 4.0.2a including the ones on 4.1.3 this has stopped working for and they are quite upset. I have yet to find an config that works for pickup and an alternate config the customers finds exceptable. If someone knows of a what to make Pikckup with with Hunts post 4.0(2a)sr2b let me know.

I agree that the method outlined by jeckert seems to be broken by version 4.0(2a)sr2b. However, I did test it in a lab running 4.1.3 and it seemed to work OK.

The scenario tested was: Office main number configured as a second line on a phone with callfwdall set to the hunt pilot. The second line and members of the hunt group were in the one pickup group.

Cisco Employee

Chris

There is an engineering special "Engineering Special 43.1" which should fix this issue for you

Many thanks....will try to get this loaded and tested.

How do I get hold of this fix? I have searched the cisco site but cannot see it

Many thanks

Nick

Anonymous
N/A

Anonymous
N/A

i've tried the "fix" using 4.1(3)ES28 but this callpickup with an line group didn't work.

has anyone else been more successful?

thanks

john

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content