Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Hunt List Call Forward problem

Hello, I work with CCM 4.1(3) and IPCC Express and they are running on IBM xSeries 306 server, and I have this problem! I created a Hunt List in which I put 2 phones, when I put a "Call Forward All" on a phone and after that dial an Hunt Pilot number for that Hunt List insted of transfer to be executed the IP phone is ringing ("Call Forward All" doesn't work in that case). But when I dial the IP Phone directly then "Call Forward All" work just fine.

The problem is this:

When I dial Hunt Pilot "Call Forward All" doesn't work.

When I dial the IP Phone "Call Forward All" works just fine.

Any Idea!!! Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Hunt List Call Forward problem

Hi Drazan,

Unfortunately this is expected behaviour. Have a look at this excerpt from a good Cisco doc;

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco CallManager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) or Call Forward Busy (CFB) settings for the attempted party.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp1078922

In CCM 4.2 there is new funtionality that allows members of the Hunt List to Login/Logout depending on their availability.

Hope this helps! Sorry about that bad news :(

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Re: Hunt List Call Forward problem

I have seen this too. We are doing an install of CCM 4.2(3) using the login/logout feature. But, it would be nice in this example:

4 users in a hunt group. One of them wants to work in another room so they call forward their phone to that extension. When its their turn in hunt, the phone that it is forwarded to should ring, but unfortunately does not.

I can see how this would cause problems, because if someone call forwards to voicemail, you wouldn't want incoming calls to hit someone's phone that forwarded to voicemail and not get to the others in the hunt.

Just my thoughts.

Kevin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content