Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Hunting number Facility

Dear All,

Currently we are using four FXS connection for connecting site office to our head office. We have four different number that we used for calling from head office. and that FXS is cards are terminated to our PBX. user first dial 71X number and then PBX message appears and user again press extension number.

Problem is that when one caller is busy on one number e.g 711 other caller cannot call 711 he has to try 712 and if 712 is busy he will have to try the 713 and 714.

I want to reduce the users efforts. if user dial 711 and if it busy router try on 712 ,713 and 714 unless it find empty port and then call should connect to PBX.

Is it possible in Cisco IOS ??

Below is my current configuration

dial-peer voice 700001 pots

destination-pattern +00228

port 1/0/0

!

dial-peer voice 700002 pots

port 1/0/1

!

dial-peer voice 700003 pots

port 1/1/0

!

dial-peer voice 700004 pots

port 1/1/1

!

dial-peer voice 800000 voip

destination-pattern +8T

fax-rate 9600

no vad

session target ipv4:172.16.87.1

Could any one guide me for the solution.

2 REPLIES

Re: Hunting number Facility

Hello Bhatti,

Why dont you try to use preferences on the dial-peer configuration on hunt groups ?? When you define preference, the phone with lowest preference gets the highest priority. Incase that is busy, it puts the call onto the next preferencial phone.

Have a look at the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080080aec.html#wp1244361

Hope this helps... all the best..

Raj

Bronze

Re: Hunting number Facility

You could also use trunk groups. Assign all the FXS ports to a single trunk group and then your dial-peer for when 712 is dialed could point at the trunk group instead of a single FXS port. This will allow the call to hunt for an available unused FXS port and you will only need the 1 dial peer for all of the FXS ports.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content