Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

I can't call forward all to a cti port, is this normal

I have a cti port that goes to directly to voicemail. i can call the port directly ok but i can't forward all from the phone to it. it just goes to the phones voicemail

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: I can't call forward all to a cti port, is this normal

Hi Daniel,

This is expected behavior. I am guessing you are using Unity for voicemail but the same applies to Octel and most VM systems. Because the phone that is forwarded has a VM box on the system, when the call reaches Unity and/or Octel it sees the phones DN as the redirecting number and plays the phones greeting instead of the greeting associated with the CTI port.

If the phone did not have a mailbox on the system you could identify its DN as an alternate extension on the CTI 's mailbox and this forwarding would work.

Have a look at Michaels excellent posts (ECSBU Test Engineer, CISCO SYSTEMS )

"The situation you describe here (getting Unity to recognize the last forwarding station rather than the first forwarding station), will be a system-wide option added to Unity 5.0. There is not a way to do this with a configuration setting on earlier versions of Unity. I'm not aware of any CallManager settings that will address this issue either."

"We use the OriginalCalledParty and OriginalCdpnRedirectReason fields in SCCP StationCallInfo message from CallManager. The feature in Unity 5.0 will allow admin to configure Unity to look at LastRedirectingParty and LastRedirectingReason fields instead, on a system-wide basis."

From this recent thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddada58

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content