cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I don't get ringback from H323 Gateway

julio.alvarado
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have CM 3.0.9 and eServices 2.1(1a) on the same server. I'm using a 3660 router as a h323 gateway for the PSTN connection (IP PLUS 12.1.5T9). I call from the PSTN, the IVR/AA answers and I dial the IP Phone number. The IP Phone rings but I don't get ringback. Is it an IOS or IVR/AA issue? Has it been solved in any other version? I already added the "progress_ind" commands on my dial-peers but the result was the same.

dial-peer voice 5000 voip

destination-pattern 5...

progress_ind setup enable 3

voice-class h323 1

session target ipv4:172.16.0.2

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 100 pots

destination-pattern 1..

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

port 4/0:1

forward-digits all

Is there anything that can be done to solve this?

Thank you,

Julio

3 Replies 3

ehensersky
Level 1
Level 1

Julio,

From my understanding, this is a limitation on the part of the H.323 standard. Once the call is setup between the router and the IVR it is in a connected state. There is no provision in the current H.323 standard to play "ringback" while in this state. I am not sure if Cisco is currently working on a fix for this (IOS fix) or if the answer will be to use MGCP when 3.1 is released.

Regards,

Erik Hensersky

ptalbot
Level 1
Level 1

This has been fixed in CallManager, but a companion fix to IOS is required that has not yet been released. Search for ringback, CallManager, and IOS in CCO and you should find the BugID.

Pat

Actually folks, this is fixed on both sides. On Cisco CallManager 3.0(9) and later, you should be able to go to Service Parameters for Cisco CallManager and see a parameter called ToSendH225UserInfoMsg so make sure it is set to True on all CallManagers in the cluster.

If you then load 12.2(3) on the router, you will get ringback on the transfer... we have tested this in a few different scenarios.

The first T image that should have this fix will be 12.2(7)T which probably won't be around until probably the October timeframe.