Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

I get a busy tone

Hello Guys,

We have two different sites one in Boston(MA) and the other one in Menlo Park(CA). For some reasons we are not able to dial certain extensions in Menlo Park from Boston. This is a very weird situation. We can dial 2206 but not 2204, 2208 and 2232. The 2204 gives me a busy tone. I looked at the Partition, CSS and Network configuration and they look good. I also used the Dialed Number Analyzer to identify the problem, but both extensions (2204 and 2206) have exactly the same configuration. Could you please tell my where else I can look to resolve this problem?

Thanks,

BT

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: I get a busy tone

Have you reset the phone?

Look at the Dialplan report to make sure there is no other DN with overlaps in the system.

Take a look at the ccmtrace logs for more details.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

How can I see if there's DN with overlaps in the system?

Thanks,

BT

You can check in Route plan report.

how can I identify that there's an DN overlap in the system by lookin at the Route Plan Report. Unfortunately I don't how to do that.

Thanks,

Hall of Fame Super Silver

You can view it in file by following this procedure

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed686.html#wp1018405

it saves it as .csv dcoument that you can open in excel, simply locate your mistery DN and make sure that there is noting else with the same DN, ie translation patter, cti port, ct route point, etc. as well as nothing that would create an overlap ie. translation pattern such as 2...

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I verified the Route Plan Repost following the instruction, but in my eyes, there's no overlap issue. I am pasting the Dialed Number analyzer for the extension 2204 which is no working.

-

-

RouteThisPattern

(GMT) Monrovia, Casablanca

NO

Disabled

NO

-

-

PT_BOS_Local_Campus

-

-