Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

I have a PBX connected to a Cisco 2621 with a HDVM and a vwic. This has a DPNSS - QSIG converter and voice calls all work fine. Can anyone explain to me what happens at the gateway and how H 323 converts the DPNSS signal to give full DPNSS functionality a

I have a PBX connected to a Cisco 2621 with a HDVM and a vwic. This has a DPNSS - QSIG converter and voice calls all work fine. Can anyone explain to me what happens at the gateway and how H 323 converts the DPNSS signal to give full DPNSS functionality across the link (Laser link) because I was not expecting full functionality and only limited H 323 functionality similar to H 323.

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: I have a PBX connected to a Cisco 2621 with a HDVM and a vwi

Hi,

DPNSSis a proprietary pBX signalling nto supported on cisco

device as yet so it can be terminated on the box.

If your using a converter to Qsig, then we can guarantee

a voice signalling and some supplementary signalling on qsig but not all.

the voice port is configured for qsig nto dpnss and it terminates the qsig

signals at the port and generates a new h225(q931) signalling over the voip cloud.

This is then terminated to the receiving end and re-initiate qsig out it port to the converter which

then converts the q-sig to DPNss.

NO you cannot achieve full dpnss functiionality over the h225 cloud. The only way to do this

is to trunk between the two PBX or do

a TDM cross connect, so that the router does not terminates the call nor know what protocol is being transmitted in

the ds0 cross connected or trunked.

Views
Helpful
Replies